The idol of Shrinathji has an interesting legend associated with it. During its journey from Agra towards Mewar, the chariot carrying the idol got stuck in the mud of Sinhad Village at the banks of Banas River. The chariot could not be moved despite various efforts. Taking this as a divine sign, the priests decided to establish the temple at this spot, and the idol remains there to this day. It was during the reign of Maharana Raj Singh of Mewar that the temple came into existence. The temple’s foundation was laid in 1671 CE.